Monday, October 31, 2011

The poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese

This quote is attributed to poet G. K. Chesterton. I'm neither a poet nor a famous novelist, but my love of all things Cheesy can be considered something of an obsession. Whether its goat, cow and even camel based cheese (yes I said Camel), original or flavored, I can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. When we were in Amsterdam 2 months ago, I decided to look for a cheese factory and ended up at  Amsterdams Kaashuis and what an awesome discovery it was. I think we managed to spend close to one hour inside the store, going around and snacking on everything on display. Wish we bought something for home, then again Canadian Custom doesn't appreciate anyone bringing in food from overseas regardless of the country. Here are some of the pictures I took around the store, just looking at it makes me wanna buy some more cheese.

 the owner and employees in this little cheese factory were warm and welcoming to everyone



mustard and black pepper flavored cheese, so yummy.
this one  had grape wine flavor to it.


where the magic happens.....

5 comments:

wdn th said...

oooh nice!i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really reaaally appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member. 



and of course i will folback!!! :D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ please list me on twitter so i will know u're my blog follower.


i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^

hippie_cyndi said...

lol, only you will see art in cheese. How did you like Amsterdam?

Unknown said...

haha, you know how I love my cheese. Amsterdam was utterly boring, my least favorite city, but to be fair I was only there for 48 hours.

Flaming_star said...

I love cheese, yes where's the ode to cheese. It's tough b/c I'm lactose intolerant too.

Unknown said...

hey Eugenie, there are cheeses for lactose intolerant customers, check them out from your local grocery/organic market.